Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Renaming Io

         My parents have cows, so every year we have a small batch of baby cows that my sisters and I name.  This year we had four baby cows to name.  Every year I am faced with the problem of what to name the calf that is designated mine.  My sisters give their's name like Star, Sweetie Pie, Cutie Pie, Snow, Magic, and Domino.  However, I am infamous for giving mine the more unusual and strange names, such as Lover Boy, Harry Houdini, Criss Angel, Byron, El Diablo, and Diablo.  Last year I found the perfect name for this years calf, but maybe it was fate that I forgot it.  This year the baby cow that I got was a girl, and the smallest out of the four. I stuggled to find a name that was as good as the forgot one, when I remembered Ovid, and the stories of Io and Europia.  Io was turned into a white cow to prevent Juno from finding out about Jove's affair.  So I have decided that in honor of this Mythologies course, and Ovid, that my calf will be named Io.  Hopefully she will have a better life then her namesake! 

Io 

 Io and Harry Houdini and others 

No comments:

Post a Comment